Sunday, December 20, 2020

Why do We Namaste?

Q: Why do we Namaste (नमस्ते) when we meet someone?

Namaste (नमस्ते) is derivated from 'Namah' (नमः) word. It is 'Namah+ Aste' (नमः+अस्ति). The wordly meaning of it is "I salute you" or "I pay my respects to you". It is also "I bow before you in respect and love". When we pronounce the word, we could know it is more than what is said. "Namaste" (नमस्ते) has a vast meaning to understand. It is derivated from "Tat Sat" (तत् सत्) that means "I see Divinity in you and for me You are the creation and creator", literally Brahman. It explains that 'N' 'Ama' means "Na+ Aham" (न+ अहम्" ( I am nothing) as I could see that divinity in you and feel that You are Brahman. "Aste" (अस्ति) means that after seeing radiance of Brahman in you now I am bowing and surrender in devotion and faith as I could understand that everyone and everything is creation of God. I thank you for revealing the truth to me. Please accept my sincere gratitude for you and oblige. What a beautiful way to tell him or her that you are the most precious creation of almighty Shiv. 

It has further yogic effect too. When we bring and touch our palms and keep it near the heart chakra, the energy which is produced through our hands gets into our heart and activate heart chakra. It generates positivity of thought and action, brings people close to each other by creating an aura of trust and love. 
So next time when we should greet someone, say 
"नमस्ते Namaste" and feel the vibration.
 🙏🙏🙏
-Arun'Rise'Sharma
#arunaksarun

No comments: