Saturday, December 17, 2011

FAREWELL MY FRIEND...



Just came back after having Tibetan/Chinese food from a joint called "SPOT". It is next to church on DBG rd, New Delhi . This is the place where from I have started eating Tibetan food. My first Tibetan food was cooked here while I was in University. This is the place where I had first time tried eating chicken in noodles  and in clear soup. It was very small and self service one having 2/3 tables with long chairs. After some time it was expanded and space was added now it has become little bit comfortable and the best food was cooked and served. After some time I got busy with other things and shifted little far from here. Started having food at Madhu Bans near IP College-DU, Bercos, Monestry market, MOETS at Civil lines, Yashwant Market-Chankya Cinema, Golden Dragon-Panchsheel, South Delhi, The Rice bowl in Mussorie, Roof Top in McLeod Ganj, Wok & Roll -Bielefeld, Germany wherever I went for my assignment tried food there only... Once I tried in Sarajevo as well as it was Chinese food restaurant near Novo Sarajevo IPTF... I think It was Peking?? something... I tried Tokyo restaurant at Ashoka as well but Spot remained my favorite. I introduced it with Reena as well as with my sons. But for the last 2/3 visits I was feeling The food was not getting as tasty as it used to be. The whole taste is of salt and only salt in everything. I requested to improve it but I think the cook is good at salt cooking nothing else now. Tonight we went on the saying of my son Priynk who is on holidays from his school/institute... we ordered for some dishes but no improvement so today Reena has suggested that now the days are over and we should either cook ourselves( She cooks really good) or try to find some other place. Chopsey was awful, noodles were broken, Manchurian was full of salt and rolls were cold enough, mineral water was some local cheap brand..... so what I can say now..

"Dear "SPOT", We had a very good time together till we were walking on the same path and sharing good memories.... now our ways are taking us to different directions so take care and RIP.........Amen..."

No comments: